The Midwest Institute for Robotic Surgery is home to some of the most experienced robotic surgeons in the region and nation.
Robotic-assisted surgery is performed by a surgeon – not a robot. The equipment is merely a tool that allows physicians to perform complex procedures laparoscopically with more precision than ever before. The success of the surgery depends on the skill of the surgeons, not the equipment.
Surgeons affiliated with the Midwest Institute for Robotic Surgery at Silver Cross Hospital are specially trained in advanced robotic procedures. In order to be affiliated with the Institute and care for patients at Silver Cross Hospital, robotic surgeons must meet rigorous criteria including:
- Expertise as demonstrated by a high volume of procedures with outstanding results
- Rank in the Top 10% in the nation or higher for Patient Satisfaction
- Low Surgical Site Infection Rate
- Low Hospital Readmission Rate
- Low Conversions to Open Surgery Rate
Many of the Institute’s surgeons have been recognized as a Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology (COEMIG) by the AAGL, the leading association of minimally invasive gynecologic surgeons worldwide, and Surgical Review Corporation.
The Institute is also home to Epicenter and Case Observation Surgeons that not only serve as mentors at Silver Cross Hospital, but also train physicians from all 50 states and around the world.
Surgeons by Specialty
- Colorectal Surgery to treat Cancer, Crohn’s Disease, Diverticulitis, Ulcerative Colitis, Rectal Prolapse
- Ear, Nose, Throat, Head and Neck Surgery to treat Sleep Apnea and Throat Cancer
- General Surgery to treat Gallbladder Disease, Gall Stones, Hernia Repair, Heartburn, Hiatal Hernia
- Gynecology Surgery to treat Cervical Cancer, Endometrial Cancer, Endometriosis, Heavy Bleeding, Ovarian Cancer, Pelvic Prolapse, Uterine Cancer, Uterine Fibroids
- Orthopedic Surgery to treat Hip Pain, Knee Pain, Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sarcomas
- Urology Surgery to treat Prostate and Kidney Cancer
- Urogynecology Surgery to treat Urinary Incontinence, Fecal Incontinence, Pelvic Pain, Pelvic Organ Prolapse
For more information or to schedule an appointment, click on a photo below.
Ear, Nose, Throat, Head and Neck Surgery